jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Common Mistakes Parents Make When Disciplining Their Kids?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

Common Mistakes Parents Make When Disciplining Their Kids?

2. profile image71
    win-winresourcesposted 6 years ago

Hi Shil-

Most common mistake - being angry.  Disciplining a child is actually a critical teaching opportunity.  One that is best handled with calm, reason and logic (and love).

Not only is the behavior corrected (or at the very least addressed)  a positive probelm solving method is demonstrated.

And, as you know from my other posts, I believe that any sort of violence is wrong for a myriad of reasons.

-DW

3. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 6 years ago

Inconsistency. When you are consistent, there will be less discipline problems to correct. Children thrive in a consistent environment. They like to know if I do this, then this will happen. They don't feel secure when they never know what to expect.

4. sandrabusby profile image86
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, the most common mistake parents make when disciplining their kids is "do as I say, not as I do."  Children learn from what you model for them, not from lectures.  Also, most parents talk too much and don't listen enough.

5. kittyjj profile image71
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

The best way to discipline your kids are be their best role model and treat them the way you would like to be treated - with respect. read more

working