jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Tips Or Advice Do You Have To Keep Children Safe On The Internet?

1. PhoenixV profile image78
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Tips Or Advice Do You Have To Keep Children Safe On The Internet?

How do I keep my child safe on the Internet?

2. Melindas Mind profile image70
    Melindas Mindposted 5 years ago

Keep it out in the open. The only computer in my house with internet is in the main area. Children aren't going to be getting on and doing stuff they shouldn't be in a place where everyone is. My computer is password protected, so they can't get online if I'm not home.

3. sassydee profile image77
    sassydeeposted 5 years ago

I would just check on them from time to time on what they are on and what they are doing. However before checking on them let them know right before you do the first time that you are going to and why you are going to.  After that just do it randomly.  Because kids are kids and they are very curious at times.

4. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

Until children are much older, I think they only want to be on sites that are meant for them. If these kid sites are easy for them to get to (bookmarked, favorites, etc), then it will be easier for them to navigate.

I would have my child using the Internet where I am so that I could help them with any questions and also use it as a teaching time as well. Children love to learn and there's so much that we can teach them about using the Internet as a positive and amazing tool at their fingertips.

5. madhuwillb profile image40
    madhuwillbposted 5 years ago

first thing the computer should be in open place such that every one should notice that what they are browsing
    Giving them some tasks such that they should search for knowledge based articles to refer

6. techniche profile image65
    technicheposted 5 years ago

Well, According to me , Softwares like cyberoam will really be helpful for this purpose . It will have check on children by not allowing or better i say not letting them access the websites which are not meant for them .

7. profile image38
    independentmindedposted 5 years ago

Keeping a minor's computer out in the open is one way to keep tabs on how or where a child posts on the internet is one way to keep a young kid safe.

if there are any children under 18, they need stiff, strict boundaries as to what kind of sites they can post on, or who they can post to.  Make sure that they don't chat with older adults online that they don't know, because that shouldn't be going on between minors and adults who don't know each other.

working