jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you could say anything to either of your parents, living or dead, what would

1. Marsei profile image89
    Marseiposted 6 years ago

If you could say anything to either of your parents, living or dead,
    what would it be?

2. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

I would tell my Mother that I understand how she felt about having grandchildren. She would tell me when I was a young girl that when I had my own child, I would understand the love that she and Daddy had for me.

she was right; when my baby girl was born, my whole life changed forever, and it is incredible..

When she had grandchildren, I could see the light in her eyes and the patience she showed as she explained how to do something to them...and, she said, 'when you have your own grandchildren you will understand how it feels. I watched her with my daughter as she taught her to love the land...and I had an inkling of what she was feeling.
    Now that I have my own grandboys I truly understand.
    My words to her would be....'Mother, there is a symphony is my heart each time I think of my grandboys and each time they are with me. Just as you felt when your grandchildren were near.'

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 6 years ago

For my answer it must be the statement; I love you!

4. Marsei profile image89
    Marseiposted 6 years ago

After reading some of the other writers' answers, I decided to answer my own question.  I think if I could speak to my parents, I would say that I love them and I realize they did the best they could as parents with the awareness they had.  What more can anyone do?

5. katieababy74 profile image60
    katieababy74posted 6 years ago

I love you would be top of my list although I tell them that everyday anyway!!

6. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

I'd tell them how much I regret not expressing my love and affection for them, and also not having them express theirs to me.

7. badegg profile image77
    badeggposted 6 years ago

Both of my parents have passed on, but to my Dad, I would say "Thank you for the inspiration and the time that we spent together. You have taught me patience and have given me an education that I could never have gotten in any institution. You are in my heart forever."

To my Mother:
    "I miss you dearly, but until you were gone, I didn't realize that your passing was the best thing for me. I was finally out from under your constant umbrella of guilt trips and manipulation. How could you have done those things to us that you did? How could you have treated Dad the way that you did? It's all behind us now, someday we'll meet again."

working