If you go to heaven, and you're an Angel ... could you kill another Angel if you wanted to?
This question is deeper than it looks. Choose either ...
1. Of course, I still have Free Will, right?
2. No way. Angels aren't allowed to kill.
Then, please feel free to elaborate.
Here is what I can share based on the Christian faith and the Biblical text--
The word angel comes from the Hebrew Transliterated Word
"Mal'ak "and means "messenger or representative".
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
We will be like angels, but we will not be angels.
For it is written: " 'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully
The duty of an angel for God's people
and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.
What the saints of God (all believers and followers of Christ) will be like when they leave here- like the angels- we will no longer die, and we will no longer be divided based on gender.
1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
This indicates that we are separate from the angels.
Because of the things above, i would not be able to choose between the two options as it seems not to apply to the state of a person in heaven.
This is taken from Revelation 20:11-14 and may shed some light on good and evil in the end-
The Dead Are Judged
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
I hope this helps. it is the best I can offer.
When you go to Shangra-La(heaven), you no longer feel thoughts of hate or sarrow, also your only kenetic energy or a spirt, so how can you kill somethin or be killed? The free will part implies that you would actually be able to do something, or an action you choose, but hisorically angels have only been able to observe what happens on earth, not effect it.
Thanks to both of you for your input! I would like to elaborate / clarify my position slightly. Clearly the question is hypothetical, and assumes the obvious givens.
1. By "Angel" I mean; the cohesively conscious entity in which your spirit or essence assumes beyond physical death.
2. The body in which we assume, even if it is entirely "light" or "energy" (which is loosely what we are now), would still have requirements for its sustainability / survival. So by "kill" I mean, disrupting the Angels ability to survive with evil intentions.
3. @bakerthelo - "you no longer feel thoughts of hate or sarrow [sic]" Does this mean we are 'not allowed' to feel those things? or that we do 'not have the capacity' to feel those things? I imagine if your other statement is true, and we've ascended into a light/energy body, then our perception of sorrow and pain would no longer be the same as our terrestrial perception of such. Either way, if your saying the freedom to explore the spectrum of emotional energy is limited and make choices that align with either polarity, then I'll put this answer in the "no" category.
4. @bayareagreatthing - In light of my clarification, what do you think?
Thanks for participating! I hope more join us here.
1. Who knows if you would have Free Will or not unless you dwell in Heaven. Speaking of which could you possible even think of evil in this place which, theoretically, can only produce happiness? Thank you for you're expanded thinking.
Not sure where you got the idea we will be Angels.
We don't change, we are still human...We won't even be like the Angels. We were created a LITTLE lower than Angels Psalm 8:5
If someone overcomes, he will actually judge Angels. 1 Corinthians 6:3..Though many argue this is Fallen Angels, it doesn't say that. But there won't be any fighting in the New World..This is all according to Scripture translated into English..Who knows?
Plus if this is all true, you will have your body ascended too not just your spirit. Christ told Thomas to thrust his hand into his wound (side) He wanted him to know he was not just spirit.
That depends on the answers to these questions: 1. Do Angels have free will? 2. Can human being ever become angels?
the answer to your question is yes.remember that the devil and all the legions of demons are really angels.so that by itself should answer your question,angels do have free will if they didn't lucipher and the fallen angels would never have been cast out.
I think you would need to consult the policy guidelines book in Heaven as to whether you can do this. Hopefully Heaven will have statutory authorities that can advise you on this matter. Best of luck!
3. Aren't angels immortal? This option doesn't require choosing between either of your points.
We're human, when we die, we are human spirits not angels. and no we cant kill angels.
by Michael Ward4 years ago
Have You Ever Wondered This About Christianity?So in one of our weekly religious debates one of my friends brought up the idea that Satan may actually be the good guy. His logic is that Satan punishes sinners and...
by Elena6 years ago
Is it true that we all have Guardian Angels? If yes, how do we connect with them?
by James Robertson3 months ago
Do you think we will still be married in Heaven?For those that actually believe in Heaven. Do you believe that you will continue to stay married to your current, or previous spouse? Or do we forget that once we reach...
by charlie4 years ago
How can Satan be a Fallen Angel in light of these Scriptures?Because NO scripture can contradict another, please tell me how the church system can justify teaching that satan is a fallen angel .1 John 3:8 He...
by qwark7 years ago
If allah (god thing) rewards muslim martyrs with virgins and sex, what is "its" attitude about sex with other monotheists in heaven?Does this "god thing" differentiate in rewarding monotheists whose...
by frantisek783 years ago
We are often told that we will meet our dead friends and family in Heaven and we'll all be happy. Will we also meet our old enemies in Heaven as well, or do they go somewhere else like into their own Heaven with their...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.