jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How different do you think your kids would be if you lived in a city?

1. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

How different do you think your kids would be if you lived in a city?

2. catalyst20 profile image60
    catalyst20posted 5 years ago

Environment I believe has a lot to do with how my kids would grow in a city.  But the effects on them I believe would very much depend on not a single factor.  For me, parenting is more influential to the children than anything else.  The challenges of course would be many in the city because kids are more exposed to every development problem like peer pressure, diverse cultures, clash of worldviews, etc.

3. Country Neighbor profile image60
    Country Neighborposted 5 years ago

We have taken them to cities since both my wife and I either worked or went to school in a big city for a while.  Honestly the thing that worried me the most was that they try to make friends and introduce themselves to people like we do when we are in our little town close to home.  In the city people were polite but you could tell they didn't encounter polite and outgoing kids that would run up and open a door for a Lady that they didn't know that was going into a store.  If they were started in the city it would be a faster pace but I would be too worried to let them walk down the street alone lol but seriously i would be pretty worried.  They have learned a slower pace and to respect a piece of ground and running through tall grass and riding tractors they can't get that in the city.

4. JSimple profile image74
    JSimpleposted 5 years ago

I have always thought about that actually.  Myself and some fellow coworkers are faced with a difficult decision of moving because my job is closing down where I currently work.  We can all stay with the company but we would have to move across the country, and this is one of the things I was thinking about when it came to my children.  The environment, and how they would miss their current friends, and family members all takes into account.  I think kids will be different depending on how they are accepted in there new surroundings.  Will they be picked on in school?  Will they meet new friends quickly?  Those are the type of questions that I was thinking about.

5. profile image48
    nubain queenposted 5 years ago

I grew up in the city in nyc.   I live in the auburbans now in another  state with my kids.  To me only difference city kids grow up faster that true.  The kids in the out skirts do the same things.  Let be real in rural areas they make all kind of labs.   U can't hide ur kids from the real world at all.  I feel if from the city take ur kids back home some time let them see what goes on.  So they want be so clueless. U know some of the things kids in the country and suburans do are crazy.  My child can't even go to the store and buy air freshner spray because kids get high off it.  She cant buy it because she's a minor.  At 15  she should be able to buy it.  If i take to nyc she could go to the store and buy it. eEvery kid that buy air freshner don't get high.  Stuff is crazy know ao dasys.

working