jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

where do you think your creativity came from? How would you encourage it in chil

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

where do you think your creativity came from? How would you encourage it in children?

2. catalyst20 profile image60
    catalyst20posted 6 years ago

For me creativity is an innate ability that may be dormant or active.  Dormant, in the sense that some people don't know they have it until others give them a clue; other people however may manifest this ability naturally.  To encourage children to be creative, show them a good example of creativity.  Today's technology has rich resources that will point them to a lot of creativity. What catches the attention of children? You may start with their inquisitiveness - maybe, show an invention that has a lot of creativity features in it.  In every discipline, you will find a lot of examples.

3. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

I think it comes from our ability to image, concentration and then develop an idea.  You can encourage children to be more creative by teaching them craft, science, art, music, dance, acting or woodwork.

4. womenintouch profile image61
    womenintouchposted 6 years ago

I am not sure where my creativity came from, both of my parents died when i was young, and no one in the family is into writing and production, or teaching children.  I have had this skill since I was 7 years old. I would say to cultivate the skills and talents of your children. When mine was young they were into singing and art, so i found programs for them cultivate their skills. One of my daughters traveled around the world singing. The one who studies Art has her work in some very nice places. Although neither of them went into  careers based on their talents I believe it helped enhance the discipline skills I was teaching. Children are funny you never know which way they will go, but one thing for sure if you love them unconditionally ( especially when they mess up) and let them know  you are there for them you can rest assure that they will go in the right direction.

5. FirstStepsFitness profile image59
    FirstStepsFitnessposted 6 years ago

Creativity is inate , I believe your born with its compasity and it is cultivated during a life time . I would encourage it within children by assisting them with thinking outside the box , as they tend to do when young but seems to get lost as practical application takes hold .

working