jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When you were a child what did you think you would be doing with your life by no

1. The Demon Writer profile image65
    The Demon Writerposted 6 years ago

When you were a child what did you think you would be doing with your life by now?

And do you wish things had worked out that way?

2. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

I knew that I would be doing exactly what I am doing what I am doing. I was going to be a Social worker of some sort. I am finishing up my Master's right now to carry out that goal.

3. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

When I was 8 I really thought that I would have been a movie star by this time! Eh! Things didn't quite work out that way unfortunately. Or is it fortunately?

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 6 years ago

I thought I would have recently retired from the NHL with a few cups under my belt and admission to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2011...

5. Lady Wordsmith profile image81
    Lady Wordsmithposted 6 years ago

Ahh, Seeker7, I had the same dreams!  I really thought I would have a few Academy Awards under my belt by now. 

Sometimes I do wish I'd given acting a real chance, because I was actually good at it, and now I'll always wonder how successful I would have been.  Would I have been rich and famous?!

But, there's no point in having those kinds of regrets - living in the moment is the only way to find real happiness and contentment with what we have - well, the only way that I know of anyway.  And planning for the future, though without stressing about it.  Who's to say that I won't win an Academy Award in the future - I'm not finished living yet!

working