jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you find it hard to forgive?

1. forall profile image60
    forallposted 6 years ago

Do you find it hard to forgive?

Are you the kind of people who forget quickly the harm that was done to them? Can you have a natural relationship with those who hurt you as no harm was caused? How do you do to keep high your ability to forgive?

2. Marsei profile image89
    Marseiposted 6 years ago

Not these days.  When I was younger, I did.   I have had problem people in my life for years.  A few years ago, I decided to let most of them go.  I forgave them and myself for letting a relationship fester and spew negativity.  And I let them go.  I realized that one can forgive hurt feelings but not necessarily maintain a relationship with the person who hurt them.  We can wish a person well and not wish them harm and still chose not to have them in our lives.  Katrina helped me a lot with all that.  It was a time for letting go.  We are not obligated to keep anyone as a friend who does not bring us joy.

3. TheLifeExperiment profile image56
    TheLifeExperimentposted 6 years ago

Nooo. Haha I don't like it, but I'm a big grudge holder. If someone does something bad to me, then it just bugs me for years. I don't act like it but... yeah.

4. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 6 years ago

I have come along way. There was a time I could not and did not try to forgive. After getting saved , through prayer it has become much easier.

5. FreezeFrame34 profile image77
    FreezeFrame34posted 6 years ago

It's a lot easier to forgive than it is to forget. I have forgiven a lot, but I've never forgotten!

I try to look for the best in people. But, if you wrong me once shame on you, if you wrong me twice, shame on me!

Being a Christian definitely makes it easier to forgive, but unfortunately, some people commit the same sins time and again and don't learn from their mistakes. That makes it difficult to forgive. You can only hear "I'm sorry" so many times. If a change isn't made, then the words mean nothing.

6. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I hold grudges big time!  When my feelings are hurt, I find it really difficult to forgive and forget.  I might eventually forgive, but never forget.  I hate aggravation, so I don't dwell on bad things that had been done to me.  I get up, dust myself, and move on.  But I never forget.

7. ARSHAD MAJID profile image80
    ARSHAD MAJIDposted 6 years ago

I don't feel hard at all if I feel that the other person is really sorry for what he/she did-- we all make mistakes. We should encourage the ones who like to do good deeds and vice versa. Treating both types the same way would be a bit unfair to the good ones.

8. ipen profile image60
    ipenposted 6 years ago

It is for me and believe the same with most of us  and also feel that we forgive people only when we think he would be useful for us in future.

9. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

I find it hard to forgive, but even harder to forget... I do forgive, but there is always that little bug there. I wish I was different that way, life would be much simpler. Now, currently, I'm actually trying to change that about me, so let's see how it goes.

10. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i don't find it hard, i find it foolish. i never forgive for something that is serious and i don't want to change that. for little things, i don't care.

working