jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you agree to your children being RFID microchipped?

1. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 5 years ago

Do you agree to your children being RFID microchipped?

It may soon be compulsory for pets, it is already happening to humans in some countries. You and you kids may be next, and you might not have a choice. What do you think about this?

2. Curiad profile image79
    Curiadposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. It is one more step in the move toward a world government and I for one will never allow this kind of control without putting up a fight. This is actually in the document that Obama has setting the guidelines for his medical care plan.

3. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

There was a time when I would have said no. But, now because of the way of the world, with identity theft, kidnapping - all of the prevailing things that are happening in our world and people just standing by letting it happen - now my answer is yes. I agree with children being microchipped to identify them.

4. Connie Smith profile image88
    Connie Smithposted 5 years ago

Though it is very "big brother" -- and I am against everything that smacks of that -- the thought of a child under the thumb of a maniacal pedophile makes me pause.  If there was a way to remove it, I might consider it.  Probably a better way would be some type of microchip that is minute enough not to be seen by a would be kidnapper (a cell phone would be gone in a hearbeat) and that is easily transferred from one piece of clothing to another instead of being implanted under the skin.  My sister had Norplant (birth control) implanted. Though it was quite a few years ago, and I am sure the technology has changed, she had great difficulty in having it removed. I have to say that, in light of the way we are moving toward that police state, I do worry about the future greatly for my grandchildren.

5. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

I think that it is a step too far, and I would not be happy about getting my children microchipped. It's just another way for the government to keep information and tabs on us. Here in the UK they are trying to get it passed that they can legally listen into our phone calls and intercept text messages. I am totally opposed to microchipping children. I have nothing to hide, but it just seems that it is another invasion of privacy and human rights.