jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

Are you totally sure about those children being yours?

1. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Are you totally sure about those children being yours?

Some of the kids don’t resemble me.

2. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Yes.

If you are in doubt, go for DNA test.

Kids may not resemble you but there is no reason for you to doubt it.

Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

DNA is a good idea but rather expensive. Consider I'm already attached to the kids and won't be leaving them now or ever.

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Even if a DNA test was free - and you did it and they are all your children, the damage your doubt has caused would likely never heal.

3. edhan profile image61
      edhanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There should be no reason to doubt of your kids not being yours. Once they are born, they will be attached with you so even if they are not yours, it does not really matter thereafter.

3. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Perhaps they look like someone in your wife's family. My grandson looks like his grandmother. My oldest son looks like my brother. My granddaughter looks like my husband's father's mother. One of our kids looks like a combination of both sides. They don't have to look just like you.

Now, that is what my late granny would say to cool the temperature in the homestead

2. Becky Katz profile image83
      Becky Katzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your late granny was a wise old woman.

4. Michele Travis profile image71
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

Well, since my daughter came out of me I am pretty certain she is mine smile

1. christin53 profile image81
      christin53posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Same here smile

2. MarleneB profile image96
      MarleneBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ditto!

3. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep!

5. Angela Blair profile image79
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

As a baby -- my son looked like a papoose -- until he was about four and then he had auburn hair like his father and freckles. As I have an Indian heritage I understood the papoose look but not the change when he was four. He had his father's looks until he was around 20-years-old and then very gradually his hair turned jet black. He'd always had dark brown/black eyes. As he aged he looked more and more of Native American descent and when he died at 51 he looked full blood Indian. People change throughout their lives so I'd be very cautious about questioning any child's parentage as genetics can show up at any time.

6. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

My brothers and sister all insist that I look like our milkman......

I hope the milkman looks handsome.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Do you really suspect some of your children are not yours?  What this questions says is not about the children's looks or who their father is - but rather it speaks volumes about your relationship with your wife.

8. Horse Feathers profile image60
    Horse Feathersposted 5 years ago

At time I wish they weren't mine. I would not trade my grandchildren for anyhting mine or not.
    Remember the guy on the news from Texas a few years ago? He had 4 children and only one was his. He found out because one became sick after their divorce.
    DNA
    She had been having an affair for years.  The judge would not revoke the child support order because they were married.

I suppose a guy never really knows for sure, yes.

Hi Horse Feathers,
      I like the way you acknowledged your love for them and later made a 360 degree turn. You sounded like me back there. You just can't be too sure. My bet from your story is that only mum knows whose babies they are.

working