jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Who in your childhood had the most influence as to your personality/morals as to

1. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 5 years ago

Who in your childhood had the most influence as to your personality/morals as to who you are today?

For me, it was my dad. Not just because he raised me by himself from the time I was 9 (and in those days dads didn't raise little girls), but because the older I got the more I realized what an incredible person he really was and I wanted his spirit and heart.  Sometimes it's not even a parent. It could be a teacher, relative, neighbor.  What was the one thing you admired most about them?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5170374_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 5 years ago

My Grandma Griffith. She lived, loved, breathed and cherished her Christian beliefs. One of very few people I have ever known who practice what she taught. Even her brothers and all but one sister could not live up to that. She was an exceptional woman.

3. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

My Daddy. He is no longer with us, but the things he taught me live on and on.

4. erinb62 profile image78
    erinb62posted 5 years ago

My mom of course! I am amazed at how many things she did that had an influence on me. Things like the fact that she likes to keep things (kind of like a pack rat) for sentimental value and leave "clutter" laying around. I never noticed this until my husband started commenting on how I do the same thing. My sister had a big influence on me growing up, but they were usually bad so I managed not to let it be a part of who I am today. Some still sticks though.

1. Charlu profile image81
      Charluposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Glad it was your mom and the bad part of your sister didn't stick:)

5. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

That would be my parents (2 people but one), they taught me the Golden Rule is the guide you live by in life.  It will keep you honest, straight and successful.  Their faith in God helped me to know what it truly is to be happy.

6. mommytalks profile image60
    mommytalksposted 5 years ago

LOL - oddly enough, I was just talking about this with someone the other day. The greatest THING that was an influence on who I am (as well as who my sister is) was the parochial school we went to through 8th grade. Without going into details, my sister and I both stand up for ourselves and the down-trodden regularly and fight close-mindedness at every turn. That experience shaped us and turned us into liberal thinkers, which was QUITE the opposite of its intent!

7. cat on a soapbox profile image99
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

It would have to be my dear mother who taught me good morals, work ethic, and common sense in life. My father helped nuture my love for art and music. A good deal is inherent, and the rest of me has been chiselled by experience.

working