jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the techniques you used to discipline your child?

1. wisdom25 profile image78
    wisdom25posted 5 years ago

What are the techniques you used to discipline your child?

2. dr c profile image76
    dr cposted 5 years ago

Well, the bad news is that this is at least as much about you as the parent as about the child. Your responses to and understanding of childhood misbehaviors will likely determine your response style, as will your own upbringing. Most of us have had... read more

3. Beyond-Politics profile image85
    Beyond-Politicsposted 5 years ago

Direct parenting...that is, take an active interest in your child's welfare and involvements. Visit the school your child attends and observe him/her unknowingly...watch how they interact and show concern about their grades and in-school performance.  Stop blaming teachers because YOUR child is unruly. Learn/know who your child is hanging around (back in the day, our parents knew the names of our friends...AND their parents). Don't be afraid to parent! You took the time to create the child, take the time to raise them--that crap about "I don't have time" is just THAT...crap! Also, remove the state from our homes...parents should have the right to discipline children using corporal punishment ( http://beyond-politics.hubpages.com/hub … Ill-Travel )

4. s.wilson profile image70
    s.wilsonposted 5 years ago

I use time outs and positive behavior supports at this point.  I have written hubs on both. Check them out!