jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

At what age do you stop children from taking a nap in the afternoon?

1. miakouna profile image77
    miakounaposted 5 years ago

At what age do you stop children from taking a nap in the afternoon?

2. tapasrecipe profile image60
    tapasrecipeposted 5 years ago

Lol, I still do in the hotter summer months, but then we do live in Spain where it is ingrained in it´s culture with the siesta, we do try to keep the air-con off for financial, health and energy issues, but there is nothing nicer than lying down in a cool darkish bedroom, awakening fresh as a daisy.
    Carrie x

3. sadie423 profile image94
    sadie423posted 5 years ago

A few of mine naturally gave them up around 2. I stopped one around that same age because  he was not going to bed at bedtime anymore and was staying up way too late. Some kids are more tired than others and require more sleep. But by age 3 I don't worry about naps anymore- a quick nap in the car is sufficient, so I don't plan around naptime  like I do when they are very small. We still do have quiet time in our house though- 1 hour of playing quietly alone. Sleep, read, play- I need it and they need it.

But in short, I would stop them when it starts to interfere with going to sleep at night.

4. spartucusjones profile image95
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

I'm 35 and my mom still calls me up everyday to make sure that I have taken my afternoon nap.