This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are children learning about intimacy at such an early age these days?

1. avonladybug232 profile image59
    avonladybug232posted 5 years ago

Why are children learning about intimacy at such an early age these days?

2. AlexandraAdams profile image60
    AlexandraAdamsposted 5 years ago

It might be because of curiosity. Maybe on what they saw on movies or televisions. I notice most of the teen-agers nowadays are really aggressive and sexually oriented than teen-agers in the past. They are evolving now, they easily get mature.

3. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Because it is integrated into the media. So much more is allowed on tv and in movies than it used to be. As an adult watching children's movies there are so many sexual jokes and references it makes me uncomfortable. Not to mention what gets shown on tv that children are allowed to watch. It's only natural for these kids to mimic what they see and hear in the media. I'm not saying parents should be overprotective of their children and not let them watch anything, but they should definitely screen things before letting their children watch them.

4. Rodric29 profile image77
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

Children learn about it because it is in the music and the entertainment. As a society we are moving away from the conservative sexuality and becoming more liberal with our ideas and expressions. It is bound to show up in our children if we are constantlly sexualizing things.

working