This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Why there is attitude now-a-days in children?

1. prashant17july profile image63
    prashant17julyposted 2 years ago

Why there is attitude now-a-days in children?

How to make them polite without getting angry?

2. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 2 years ago

Children these days have different attitudes for many reasons, but I believe that inadaquate supervision is at the heart of it. When Dad worked and Mom stayed home and took care of the kids, children were better behaved. Now, they get away with more, and harried parents just do the best they can, which often isn't enough. Children are unhappier. Bullying and abuse is now commonplace. It's not easy being a kid anymore.
    And society doesn't help. Look at the movies, shows, music and games kids are exposed to. School has gotten harder, money has gotten tighter, prices have risen, and more kids need to work outside of school to earn spending money. Our generation did too, but school wasn't as difficult then. And children from higher socio-economic status just have different sorts of demands placed on them.
    To teach kids respect they need good models of respect and know how it feels to be respected. I live in a town where children say Ma'am and Sir, Miss and Mister, because that is what they are taught from a young age and that's how they see others speak.

1. TraceyWalsh profile image78
      TraceyWalshposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know what you are talking about.  In fact, we use the exact phrasing when pointing out to my grandchildren "ditch the attitude".  They are 5 years old and 9 nine years old.  Children are no longer "children", they are more so, a teenager.

working