jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What would be the best gift/inheritance to leave to your grandchildren?

1. annart profile image85
    annartposted 5 years ago

What would be the best gift/inheritance to leave to your grandchildren?

This can be an object, an heirloom, a new gift or a gift of any other kind.

2. sharonchristy profile image70
    sharonchristyposted 5 years ago

The best gift that I would like to leave behind to my children and the rest of my legacy when I die would be the memory of a happy marriage!

3. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

I've seen elements of my family torn apart by fighting over heirlooms or money. That I would probably prefer to simply leave a load of happy memories to either my children or grandchildren.

1. annart profile image85
      annartposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking specifically grandchildren.  You're right it can cause lots of fighting.  I guess I was thinking of valuable 'gifts' to enrich our grandchildren's lives.  Thanks for commenting.

4. shea duane profile image61
    shea duaneposted 5 years ago

how about a livable planet? i think all of us, including myself, must think about the state of our planet, mother earth.

5. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Well, if I had any, I'd want to leave them my sense of humor and relationship with Jesus; not in that order, however.

6. nancynurse profile image78
    nancynurseposted 5 years ago

The gift of your time and love. Children need to know they are loved and cared for and as grandparents we should reach out in helping our children love and show our grandchildren how very special they are.

7. teyeger82 profile image76
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

I agree with nancynurse. I knew three of my grandparents very well. They were all very simple people. They loved all of their grandchildren and we knew it. It was never about them spending money on us although they did. I remember my grandmother paying for camp one summer when my parents just did not have the cash at the time. I remember my other grandmother teaching me how to cook peach pies in her kitchen. And, I remember getting up in the wee hours of the morning to go fishing with my grandfather. I really don't have anything material that was theirs. I would rather have the wonderful memories any day of the week.

working