jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

If you were adopted what is the first question you’d ask your biological parents

1. jpcmc profile image91
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

If you were adopted what is the first question you’d ask your biological parents if you meet them?

2. GraceRoberts profile image60
    GraceRobertsposted 5 years ago

I think I would simply ask them why they gave me up. The answer is probably easy to predict (We weren't able to take care of you, we wanted you to have a better life, etc.) but the sense of relief you would get from hearing them explain it would be unparalled. They probably want to tell you, and I would sure as heck want to hear their reason, even if it was predictable.

3. tnt1016 profile image59
    tnt1016posted 5 years ago

I asked "why did you choose to give me up?" But to elaborate more on your question, how would you feel if your biological mother had other children that were older than you...what made her decide to give you up?

1. jpcmc profile image91
      jpcmcposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Now that's a lot to think about!

4. workingmomplus profile image60
    workingmomplusposted 5 years ago

That is the quintessential question - why did you give me up?  Inside of the question, we want the story of how we came to be, the story that everyone else has about where they came from and who they came from.  I think, we're also asking, "What went wrong?"  Before asking why you gave me up, most adoptees that I know and have worked with don't even know if their birth parents are still living.  It's complicated to imagine a conversation with someone who might have passed away.

5. profile image59
    Jessie Holtposted 3 weeks ago

I asked mine she said she lived in a motel with my siblings and could take care of me as time went on she came up with a whole new story that I was taken from her and how I asked her to give me up and I was 6 weeks old when she gave me up I had no say or choice in the matter and she made this whole senecio up in her head

working