Any potty training tips?

1. BusinessTeacher profile image59
    BusinessTeacherposted 5 years ago

Any potty training tips?

2. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Having raised 4 boys, at least for them, they went when they were ready (which was far later than my wife and I were hoping for).  I think they have made a natural process too commercial and to psychoanalyzed.  I wrote a tongue in cheek Hub about this.  Hint: You'll need some Cheerios.

3. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

I think it much depends on the child, at least my twins were completely different from each other: the boy saw some friends without diapers and at 2 years old actually told me he wanted to be a big boy and use the potty and apart from a few slips he did very good very fast. My baby girl couldn't care less, since he asked, I thought I would potty train her too at the same time... OMG, she did it wherever she was standing it was impossible and I talked to her and she stared at me with this blank look on her face and did it again. So, I just put the diaper back on and that was it and I thought I'll get back to this later... So, after 2 months I tried again and it was completely different, she had a few slips, but she understood the basics of the thing and she was actually trying to get it right, the poor girl actually cried when she had a slip and I would go over and confort her and say that next time she would make it. Anyway, apart from that my tips are take the diaper off and try for one or two days, explain the procedures and try, during the weekend, if possible and forget about leaving the house for that weekend, it's a stay at home weekend... If the experience is okay and you think your child got it and is trying, etc, okay, go on, if not, wait for one or two months and then try again... I really don't see the point of stressing the kids out and stressing us out for something that is bound to happen, if it's not today, it will be a week from now, but it will happen, right?

working