jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Grieving...any advice?

1. Shelleelyn profile image65
    Shelleelynposted 5 years ago

Grieving...any advice?

My mom passed away last Saturday, June 16th, 2012 from an unknown bone disorder called, Polycythemia.  Get a detailed blood test, it could save your life!

2. Shelleelyn profile image65
    Shelleelynposted 5 years ago

^ *bone marrow disorder

3. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Understand that experiencing sorrow over a death is a natural process.  All will come to past, but the important thing to remember the memories you have made with your mother.  Know she is still around and watching the family and that God decided it is time for her to wear her wings.

1. backporchstories profile image80
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

May God be with you and comfort your heart.

4. jujanester profile image76
    jujanesterposted 5 years ago

That's something I would never expect, even though my mom is not beside me, but to think about it, surely hurts,,, I grew up with broken family, now i don't have both of them with me, they're not dead but they chose to leave me, they're separated since I was a kid, learned to be independent enough. My advice is just to feel the pain until it hurts no more, because when you get used to it, it will slowly subside,, That's based on my experiences. Also friends and loved ones are  important in these situation because they will lift your spirit and will let you feel you're not alone.
    Condolences by the way....

5. fre2bme profile image52
    fre2bmeposted 5 years ago

Cling to those around you who you love and who love you. This hard time will ultimately bring you closer to them and they are what will get you through. Also, remember how much your mom loves you-she wants you to be happy.