jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can a woman both be successful in her career and being a homemaker at the same t

1. alexandriaruthk profile image73
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Can a woman both be successful in her career and being a homemaker at the same time?

There is an increase of women working outside the homes and still they are considered the primary caretaker of the home.

Do you think women can be a successful homemaker and a career woman at the same time?

2. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I think it is possible but it would be very stressful and hard keeping up with everything. I have a 10 month old daughter and I've been actively looking for a job since she was born without success but I know if I did have a career going, it would probably drive me insane.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

For a while I was a working mom and it was a very busy time in my life. I'd say if a woman has the support of family and friends to have a career and be a homemaker/caretaker, then yes, she can be very successful. I was lucky enough to have my parents watch my son while I was at work and my job was such that I was able to be home evenings, weekends and summers with my son.

Does it work for every woman? No, but like I said, if there's enough support, it can be done.

4. jadesmg profile image90
    jadesmgposted 5 years ago

I dont know why a women should be soley expected, in a nuclear family, to be a homemaker. surely in these days its a family contribution not the expectation of an individual member. Especially if that individual does work all day. I suppose it's possible though, I would resent it being expected of me though.

working