Do you make your children do chores?

1. milleramanda53 profile image78
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

Do you make your children do chores?

2. kiwi gal profile image61
    kiwi galposted 5 years ago

Sure do how else are they going to learn life is being responsible for your actions.  Chores teach them to clean up after themselves, to have order in their lives and stop blaming someone else when things go wrong.  Parents who give and do everything for their children are not doing their children any favors at the end of the day, they just making their kids spoilt little brats who will blame them when  things do not go right or their way in the future.  Basics of life lessons should start early and will stand them in good steed for future references.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Not many and generally not specific.  My kids unloaded the dishwasher and were responsible for their rooms and their laundry.  But my older daughter usually came into the kitchen on her own to help with dinner.  We tried to foster a family cooperative atmosphere where we all pitch in and take care of our home.

Both girls would pitch in and one would clean the bathroom and the other vacuum or vice versa.  We would just say, girls it's time to clean up and we all rallied and started straightening and cleaning.  They were always willing when asked to help out. It worked for us. I found that giving them specific chores did not work as well.

They are both lovely happy productive adults now.

working