jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you give your children 'Chores" to do?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Do you give your children 'Chores" to do?

To learn responsibility and worth of being responsible.Do you administer "Duties" of the household and yard work to prepare them for being a stable person in life?

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

my kids have chores that they do. the 2 oldest clean up the kitchen after dinner and all 3 are expected to keep their rooms clean.

3. justamber profile image61
    justamberposted 6 years ago

Yes. My kids have been doing chores since age 3. They started with making their bed and cleaning their rooms. Around age 4 they started dishes- one unloads the dishwasher and one loads. At about 5 they started taking turns feeding the dogs. My 8 year old vacuums and takes out the trash, not daily but when I ask him too. Both kids help me clean the house when I do it, I'll give them dust rags and have them dust, clean baseboards or windows, or have them do smaller jobs like that to help.

4. Vanessa Anderson profile image59
    Vanessa Andersonposted 6 years ago

Yes, my 5 year old daughter has a daily and weekly chore list that she is responsible for.  If she does her chores, she gets rewarded.  If she doesn't, she is not punished, but she does not get her reward.