jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do people do not understand the self-controlled, mannerly child in favor of

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Why do people do not understand the self-controlled, mannerly child in favor of the more

rambuctious,  so-called typical rough and tumble child whom they consider to be more natural and normal?

2. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

My son was like that when he was little-bitty.  Whenever we'd travel, people commented on his amazingly-good behavior, saying he was the only child who wasn't creating a fuss.

3. Moon Daisy profile image84
    Moon Daisyposted 5 years ago

That's a good question.  I was one of the children that you describe, and I always felt that nobody understood me!

4. Monisajda profile image75
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

Perhaps it is because the majority of children is not like that. People like and understand the like minded people and if they themselves and their children or grandchildren are loud and wild they can only relate to that. In fact, self-controlled well behaved kids are rare. It is not exactly how parents trained them because I have two and they are completely different, one is very lady like, well-mannered and with a mind of an adult in a body of a little girl and another is a typical 5 year old.

working