jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What roles does mom and dad play?

1. Traci21 profile image70
    Traci21posted 5 years ago

What roles does  mom and dad play?

There was a time mom would stay home with kids while dad worked. There is also mom or dad working and being a full time parent. Do you think it is okay when mom goes to work full time and dad stays home and play the role of "mommy"?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I think that is fine because that is what I hope happens with my partner and I. He is better at cooking, cleaning, gardening, watching over the animals, and has much more patience than I do. Plus I make more than him and can support the family better. His OCD, taste buds, and caring personality would make him a better caretaker for children than me. Besides, he used to take care of his ex's children for five years.

3. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Of course it is okay for the father to stay home and be the primary caretaker.  We did it for a little while when my oldest daughter was 18 months old. I was able to find a job and he wasn't.  The two of them were fine and both had some wonderful adventures.

There is no reason that a woman has to be the one who stays home if it is more prudent financially for her to go to work.

My daughter works, and her husband is a cabinet maker and his shop is at home.  He takes care of his children, feeding them, providing for their needs.  And they have flourished under his kind and patient care.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

In my family, I am the stern father who has rules in the house and things that can and cannot be tolerated. My wife will be one who take care of housework and children's activities. Mum is always a listening ear to the children.