How do you tell a parent or elder something you've kept secret?

1. CrazedNovelist profile image86
    CrazedNovelistposted 5 years ago

How do you tell a parent or elder something you've kept secret?

I have something to tell my grandma and I've been thinking about doing it for so long now. It's funny, there isn't any obstacles to prevent it, but I think I'm more afraid of how I will be perceived. How do I get past that feeling and tell my grandma something I've kept to myself all these years...?

2. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Unless you're a child molester or rapist, I'm pretty sure your grandma is going to love you through it.  The stress and worry of keeping it to yourself is far worse than the reaction and relief of finally getting it out.

She might need some time to absorb the information, but your her grandbaby, she's going to still love you no matter what.

DO IT!!!

3. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

It depends on how your grandmother likes to take information.  I know some people would rather read it than hear it face to face. Maybe you can write her a letter, give her time to read it, deal with it in her own way, and include in the letter that when she is done reading it, she should call you. It dissolves the pressure of confrontation.

working