jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

As the YOUNGEST CHILD in the family, what would you want to say to your OLDEST S

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

As the YOUNGEST CHILD in the family, what would you want to say to your OLDEST SIBLING and PARENTS?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

"Please, No more hand me downs!" LOL!
    Thankfully I was the oldest in my family so I got everything (new). Also from what I've read parents tend to take more photos of their first child than they do of children that follow. On the other hand it's the youngest that generally gets spoiled is oftentimes the "favorite" especially among mothers.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are right regarding the last sentence.Studies have confirmed that youngest children are the most favored by their parents.They are indulged and given less responsibility overall than the older children at the same age.

3. cheek0o profile image70
    cheek0oposted 5 years ago

i may be the youngest but i will not forever stay this small..let me have my own space

4. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

Thanks and lots of thanks to all my older siblings and parents because they have given me all the pleasure. I have not only enjoyed the love and care of my parents but I consider myself fortunate to be blessed with added parents (my older siblings}. No regrets in life.

5. sholland10 profile image92
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

Thanks, Mother! I loved being the last child because you had more time with me.  Thank you older brothers and sisters who helped raise me and made sure I got to do things like other kids when Mother didn't have the time or money.  Thanks to all for showering me with love and attention because I know that is not what you received when you were growing up.  I am very blessed to be the last of this family of 8.  [That is what I would and have said - of course, as the "pesky little sister," I have flaunted it a little bit, too, all in fun and because I am expected to be ornery. :-))