jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do parents love their eldest or youngest child?

1. Kevin Peter profile image70
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

Do parents love their eldest or youngest child?

I want to know the honest answer especially from those who are parents of more than one child.

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I have three children. I love them all in different ways. My oldest was my first so I learned a lot with him. I also had one on one time with him. My middle child is my miracle baby (not much of a baby anymore). He has an opposite personality than my first. My youngest is my only girl and has had a lot of special needs since birth creating a different type of attachment. They have all made me a better person. They are all equally loved for different things.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I have two children and love them both dearly and equally if not exactly the same. My oldest child and I have always been very close as she was a particularly needy baby and toddler (she outgrew it). My youngest child is a delight, easy-going and so pleasing to be around.  When my oldest child married, the youngest still lived at home and we had so much fun in that 5 years before she married. We also are very close.

My youngest child frustrated me more than the first. She was more mischievous and got into things a a small child.  She outgrew this to become a wonderful caring adult.

But I love them both so much and could never choose between them.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

There are mature parents who believe and practice treating and loving ALL their children equally. To them, no one child has preeminence over another. However, many parents DON'T do this whatsoever! read more