What is a stepmother's role?

1. AmandaLBrantley profile image75
    AmandaLBrantleyposted 5 years ago

What is a stepmother's role?

A stepmom can never replace a real mother, but what should she do to still let the child or children know he or she matters?

2. mathira profile image83
    mathiraposted 5 years ago

It is very difficult to be a step mother and more difficult to get the love of the children. It is difficult, but not impossible. It needs immense patience and understanding to be a good step mother. The top aspect to look into is that to make the children understand that she will never come in the way of their interaction with their father and that she will be supportive and caring in her attitude towards them.

3. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

I disagree that a stepmother can never replace a biological mother. I think in some cases, including mine that they can. My stepmum never looked after me any differently than her own birth children and I consider her my 'real' mum even though I still have contact with my biological mother. She does not bother with me much and has always treated me different to my sisters, I suspect because I was very different to her and them as a child and she didn't really know how to relate to me or something. My stepmum was there for me through important and big things when I was growing up (I have known her since I was 10) including when I got married and she was there when my oldest son was born.

working