jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can brothers and sisters be given a single or separate room?

1. Kevin Peter profile image71
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

Can brothers and sisters be given a single or separate room?

If they are to have diffrent rooms, what is the right age?

2. profile image0
    Jammeposted 4 years ago

Yes, They can be giving a separate room, if one its affordable for the family. Second boys should be given their on own room  by the time they turn ten or eleven, due to at that age they are developing into puberty and ready to express themselves, but not all boys are the same..
      For the girls they go into maturity different then boys and sooner at times girls love that sisterly bound when they are younger so the age would be for them to me when they are 15 or 16 to have their own room...

3. ExpectGreatThings profile image85
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 4 years ago

I have my little girl and boy in the same room right now. They are 5 and 2. I don't think it would be appropriate for them to be in the same room at some point, but I'm guessing that will be different for each child. We are hoping this will work for a few more years, and then we will separate them.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Sister and brothers should always have separate rooms so the right age would be from birth.  Now I believe each child of whatever gender should have their own room but that is not always possible - so sisters can share, brothers can share if needed.

5. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Yes, they should.  Children need their privacy and their own space.  Even if siblings are of the same gender, each need a separate room.  A child must have his/her own space which reflects his/her individuality and unique self-expression.  It is not good for children to live on top of each other.