jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

At what age children should be let them play outside home without parental super

1. ahmed.b profile image77
    ahmed.bposted 4 years ago

At what age children should be let them play outside home without parental supervision?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

This really depends on the parent and child relationship along with the area you live in. My boys are 7 and 9 and can be trusted to play outside on their own. They can even be trusted to walk two doors down to the neighbors house. There is a real misconception about things being so much worse "these days". In reality all the same problems existed back then but were not caught nor publicized as much as we deal with now.
    I find holding too tight to children to be just as much of a hazard as not holding at all.

3. WalterPoon profile image79
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. It is not just the child but also the environment.

In a place where there's a lot of crime and kidnapping, any age is not safe, simply because even an adult is not safe. Secondly, every child is different. Some child mature faster than others. Also, in primitive tribal societies and among people who are very poor, the child is allowed to roam at a very tender age, maybe even 3-4 years old.

4. Kevin Peter profile image70
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

Till the age of five children must be given good care. They must not be allowed to go outside alone. After the age of five they can be provided with a bit of freedom. But it must be under parental supervision. But after seven years of age it's not necessary that parents should run after them always.
    They must be given good directions before going out alone. They must know what they should do and not. Let them start feeling that they are big and they can do things alone. For this you must built a confidence within him. Let your child hear you say infront of others that he is very careful and know to do things carefully even if he is alone. This will increase his self confidence and he will be a bit more careful in his each and every action.

5. Same DiNamics profile image61
    Same DiNamicsposted 4 years ago

I really think it depends on the parent and child. Right now, my boys of 3, 7 and 9 play out back where it is fenced in while I fix dinner inside. I do not let them go out front by themselves. My 7 and 9 year old may be able to but not my 3 year old, therefore I go out front with them.

I need to loosen the reigns some for sure. I recognize that.