Calling on all Oldest of Six individuals. How would you describe your interacti

1. KatyWhoWaited profile image61
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 4 years ago

Calling on all Oldest of Six individuals.  How would you describe your interactions with others?

I've married two of you without knowing each one was the oldest of six.  There is something in the oldest of six apparently that complements my only child personality.  Is it that you tend to be alert to the emotional needs in others.  Do you internalize the emotions of your spouse to your own detriment.  What fields of study are you in.  I think the oldest of six, somehow, is different than other "oldest" siblings in a family

2. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

I like your question, Kathy.  However I am not qualified to answer it since I am an only child like yourself but I do love your question,  It shows a creative,extraordinary mind beyond the mundane.  It authenticates the study that only children are the most creative, intelligent, and imaginative children around.  Good luck Kathy, you will find many answers to this insightful and thoughtfully intelligent question.

3. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 4 years ago

I am an only child as well, but I do have six children. The oldest is 19 and he does express what I call "othering" towards his siblings. I believe he will one day make a good husband and father.