jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why would a man not contact or spend time with his son when he stays less than 1

1. profile image53
    capricorn1974posted 4 years ago

Why would a man not contact or spend time with his son when he stays less than 15 mins away.

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 4 years ago

Uhh...they don't like each other?  That's a tough question without a bit more background to set the scene.

1. Borsia profile image45
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Agreed without background there is no guessing. Family dynamics are very complicated and develop over time good or bad.

3. KEPitz1005 profile image60
    KEPitz1005posted 4 years ago

It could be for a number of reasons. I've seen that happen with people I know. I've seen guilt keep the dad away. He could feel guilty about leaving or his past behavior and just can't look his son in the face. Of course, the longer he stays away, the  worse the guilt will become because he's feeling guilty for not being in touch. Another reason is that he could be in a bad place - into drugs or drinking too much maybe, and doesn't want his kid to see him like that. Or he could be broke and can't afford to do anything with the son and is embarrassed by that. Then there's the possibility that he's just a deadbeat loser and won't accept any of the obligations a father has to a son.
    I've seen all of those situations personally and they all suck. I've seen things get better after some time, too.

working