jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Breast feeding Mothers

1. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

Breast feeding Mothers

Is it hygienic to express breast milk at the office?

2. Grace-Wolf-30 profile image61
    Grace-Wolf-30posted 4 years ago

Could you please elaborate on hygienic? Do you mean hygienic in terms of preventing a baby from contracting infections? Or do you mean hygienic in terms of bodily fluids getting accidentally spilled? The answer to these two questions is that it makes no difference where a woman is when she is expressing milk. As long as the equipment is clean, it shouldn't matter whether a woman is in the office, or at home, or in the park, or at a party. The most important thing is that the milk is fresh for the baby, and that the baby is fully nourished.

blessedpposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@Grace-Wolf-30, hygienic in terms of the baby contracting any bacteria infections. I know as long as the pump being used is clean, the milk is good for consumption there after.

3. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

But the places where one chooses to express milk I think should matter. Why? Because expressing from the breast and giving the child the breast is very much different.  Just my thoughts.  Thanks @Grace-Wolf-30 for your comment.

4. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

It worries me that there is still so much hubba bubba and mysteriousness about this that the question needs to be asked. The word "office" does not tell us one thing. Is the office clean and are you clean and is your equipment clean and is the environment clean?  What the heck does it have to do with an office?
    sounds like you are asking a political/social question that has nothing to do with hygiene.

blessedpposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ericdierker, thank you for commenting on the asked question.  But there are more serious things in this world that we should worry about; than to be annoyed by a simple question.

working