jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Did you ever have a Pen Pal when you were a child?

1. milleramanda53 profile image80
    milleramanda53posted 4 years ago

Did you ever have a Pen Pal when you were a child?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

For about a year. One of the girls I met at horseback camp with the Girl Scouts and I kept in touch for a while. She was from the other side of PA.

1. milleramanda53 profile image80
      milleramanda53posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I started a group in the county I live in to help the kid's get out more and socialize and we have started a Pen Pal program.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I did for a short time. I think we got pen pals through school and the gal was in Scotland. We corresponded for a few months then stopped. I don't recall why.

4. Joe Andover profile image85
    Joe Andoverposted 4 years ago

I remember when I was in 5th grade, I was in a small control group that was being taught German. I lived in Cleveland, Ohio and all I can recall was I was part of an experiment to see how younger students would  do with learning a foreign language. Through that class, I remember having a pen pal from Germany. For some reason I can still remember her name being Angela. We exchanged several letters during my 5th grade year(appx.1963) .After that class ended, so did my letter writing. As I turn 60 in a month, I wish I had continued with my pen pal. You never know how interesting it could have been following her life' progress.

5. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 4 years ago

I was a pen pal with one of my second cousins, after we spent a family reunion together. She was close to my age, but had no siblings for first cousins.

6. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

I've had LOTS of pen pals, mainly through summer camp.  I corresponded with the waitress I met in Switzerland for 20 years!  In fact, we're still in touch!