What do you think about this phrase "Hard-worker grandfather, rich father and po

1. Dvd Zermeno Perez profile image89
    Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 4 years ago

What do you think about this phrase "Hard-worker grandfather, rich father and poor son"

I heard this phrase by my father, He told me that because an elderly person told him that phrase when he was young, but I want to know what do you thing about it....True or False?

2. Sue B. profile image97
    Sue B.posted 4 years ago

I think there is some truth in this phrase and it relates to the value of money.  Someone working hard for their wealth is not only responsible with their money, but they strive to give their children what they did not have such the opportunity for an education.  I child with wealthy parents has potential to be "spoiled" and may not equate money with hard work. 

The phrase can also reflect the different economic conditions for each generation.  People in their 70's today are grandparents and performed more physical work to earn their living.  People in their' 50's are fathers and were more educated, accessing professions within business, law and other white collar positions.  The economy during their employment boomed.  People in their 20's and 30's now are struggling financially because they did not have a "nest egg" prior to working and all the cultural rules and norms that applied to past generations' success do not apply anymore.  Education is now the #1 source of debt instead of employability.

I wonder what we will say about the next generation- rich grandfather, poor father, and ___ son?

1. aethelthryth profile image93
      aethelthrythposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think it is an interesting saying and makes sense for the reasons Sue B. says, and I can't add anything more intelligent to what she said.