Have you searched for and found your birth mother? Was the experience as you ex

1. Mrs Jil Manning profile image80
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 4 years ago

Have you searched for and found your birth mother?  Was the experience as you expected?

I am looking for my birth mother and family. Have you found your long lost family?  Was the experience as you expected?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image84
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Well I have a story for you! smile

I never knew my bio dad.  I was raised by my grandparents when my mother left the state.  So last year, I found out that my bio dad is Italian.  I did skip-tracing and found my whole Italian family.  I found my bio dad's photo on a mug shot.

So, it wasn't anything at all like I expected.  I've been unsuccessful in contacting him, but I found some of his sisters on FB.  I look identical to a cousin I've never met based on photos I saw on FB.

I have his eyes.  And what's sad, is that everyone apparently knew I was Italian and hid that from me my entire life.

1. Mrs Jil Manning profile image80
      Mrs Jil Manningposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thank you so much for sharing that.  I can empathise with the feeling of everyone knowing something about you that you didn't know.. All the folk I know who have traced parents say that it wasn't how they expected too.

working