jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you ever get annoyed while reapeating the same matter to your old parents

1. devisree profile image69
    devisreeposted 4 years ago

Do you ever get annoyed while  reapeating  the same matter  to  your old parents.

It is a saying that the age of  six and sixty are same .When people are getting old memmory loss is common.Wehave to repeat the same matter sevaral times to satisfy them.In childhood they did the same thing to teach us language and understading things.But some time people get irritated when they ask the same thing.

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

It depends on what's causing them to repeat the question. If they really forgot the answer, I don't mind repeating my answer. I also don't mind if I'm trying to teach them something new - like when my dad has questions about using the computer. It takes some people longer to learn certain things. But it really bothers me is when I finally catch on to the fact that the only reason they keep asking is because they actually want me to give up explaining and do it myself so they don't have to.

3. Dr Pran Rangan profile image88
    Dr Pran Ranganposted 4 years ago

It is quite common for people to get annoyed at older parents when they ask repeatedly something. The people forget that as their parents are older, there is likelihood that their memory may be adversely affected. And they need special attention to be understood correctly. I think, the main reason for this is that we don't love them so much as they used to love us. If we truly love our parents, we will never get annoyed when they repeatedly ask about a matter.

We all really need to do an introspection to find out why such a love is lacking.

1. devisree profile image69
      devisreeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dr for going through my question and answering. I agree with you .As you said old people need special attention and care.