jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What's the best thing your parents ever did for you?

1. Stickypony profile image75
    Stickyponyposted 4 years ago

What's the best thing your parents ever did for you?

2. Wacky Mummy profile image60
    Wacky Mummyposted 4 years ago

Agreed to other family members taking guardianship of me.

3. caseymel profile image94
    caseymelposted 4 years ago

They taught me how to budget and make do with things I already have.

4. LopezUnleashed profile image85
    LopezUnleashedposted 4 years ago

The best thing my birth mother did for me was love enough to let me go when she knew she couldn't care for me instead of aborting me.  The best thing my adoptive parents ever did for me was love me and want me even though I was not "theirs". There is SO much stigma these days about a woman having to birth her own children that a lot of families cannot bring themselves to open their hearts to adoption. And there are SO many children that for one reason or another do not ever get to know the love of a parent.  I am blessed beyond measure to know that I was loved twice.

5. carlajbehr profile image91
    carlajbehrposted 4 years ago

My parents raised 10 children.  They raised us with the right amount of structure, rules coupled with the freedom to be children.

6. AustralianNappies profile image76
    AustralianNappiesposted 4 years ago

They allowed me to move home for a year in my 20's so I could save for the deposit to by my house.

7. profile image49
    sswanposted 4 years ago

The best thing that my parents did for me is they taught me through the way they lived their lives. My parents showed me how to trust God in the good times as well as the bad.  They lived life authentically.  Everything was not always perfect but they had God as the foundation in their marraige and were always committed to each other.  I appereciate that they did not always agree on everything, they showed me how to "fight fair" and selflessly compromise.  My parents showed me through their actions how to serve other in need.  If a friend, family member, neighbor, or even perfect strangers needed a helping hand, a meal, a listening ear, or even a place to stay; my parents stepped up and helped meet the need.  They taught me that the world does not revolve around me and that the bigger picture is so much more than what I can even imagine They taught me that God is working his good and perfect plan even though I may not understand it all the time.  Most importantly they taught me that God loves me and that through His son, Jesus, I can be saved by grace.

working