jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you like your name?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 4 years ago

Do you like your name?

If you had your own way, what name would you choose for yourself?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

It is not that I dislike my name, it is just that it gave me a lot of trouble. In the worse days of my speech impairment, the sounds of L, W and R gave me the most trouble. When your name is Larry Wall, and you cannot pronounce those sounds, it becomes difficult, embarrassing and a source of anger when you are repeatedly asked to say your name. Sometimes, it was necessary, other times, people just thought it was funny. So to be Bill, Frank, Don or something like that would had been a real blessing back when I was six up through college. I still have a little trouble with those sounds, but I am better able to handle it.

3. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I like my name it means goddess also I never had any problems with my name.(Devika)

4. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Always wanted to be Patricia,  but Judith( aka Judy) has grown on me. The Judith definitely gives me a strong official name when I am lobbying. Unfortunately most of the women I know who go by Judith are rather crabby.  When I am not sounding sophisticated(go ahead family laugh)  Judy fits my fun side.

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

most of my customers who are chinese educated couldn't read out my name. They prefer shorter and easier to pronounce names. So, i had to change my original name to a nickname. Nobody calls my real name, not even my own parents!

1. jpcmc profile image89
      jpcmcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not even your parents...that's weird.  smile

2. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yeah, i know....

6. Edward J. Palumbo profile image85
    Edward J. Palumboposted 3 years ago

I was named after my grandfather, who I respected very much. I've had a number of nicknames over the years, but I'm very comfortable with my name and its roots.