jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Forgetting someone's name?

1. Brandon Martin profile image78
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

Forgetting someone's name?

Do you ever forget someone's name, and avoid that person at all costs, until someone else reveals it.

Did you ever find out their name, or did the issue come out in an embarrassing way?

2. mommahottness profile image59
    mommahottnessposted 5 years ago

I called my Landlord KEN for 2 years and his name was CHENN
    He never corrected me and I made payments to his wife so I didnt know for a Looooong time. I was very Embarrased.
    I think I am terrable at names. I will know the persons child/dogs or cats name but not the person I am talking to ???

3. fosginger profile image60
    fosgingerposted 5 years ago

yep, to over 1k people, after I told them I had 9 concusions they let it go. Trust me this isn't something I'd be trying to be funny about.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. It happens all the time for me. Remembering someone's name is very difficult and it takes three times for me to see them and be reminded of their name for me to know who they are.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, I forgot someone's name and felt terrible.  I worked at a bookstore and this gal came in to order one of the HP books.  She was a member of our church (my husband was the pastor at the time).  She was so sweet and so grateful for my help but when I ordered her book, I had to have her name and did not know it.

I had to swallow my pride and ask her name but I really felt bad because she knew who I was and my name and I just drew a blank.  I can remember numbers after one glance but names are hard for me.

6. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

I do it all the time, i am absolutely terrible with names i really wouldn't worry  about it too much.