jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why does my 6 year old son keeps holding back his urine?

1. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Why does my 6 year old son keeps holding back his urine?

When he is watcing tv, playing computer, my son keeps wetting his brief. When I ask him why, he shook his head. I had to keep reminding him to go to the toilet every now and then.

2. Bishop55 profile image93
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

It's laziness and preoccupation.  I'd tell him "if you don't get up and use the restroom when you need to, we are going to start limiting your TV/game time".  They get so wrapped up they just don't want to take the minute it takes to use the bathroom.  My stepson will wait until he's about to go all over himself!  Running to the restroom saying "I GOTTAAAA USSSSEEE IT!!!"  I started limiting time, that changed his response.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

I think that's just normal, especially in boys, they think if they stop playing they are going to miss something. I had issues like that with my son when he was younger. Depending on your kid, there are different ways to correct the problem

4. AustralianNappies profile image77
    AustralianNappiesposted 3 years ago

I think you can only try to continue to explain the importance physically and socially for him to make it a priority to go to the toilet regularly and he will eventually learn.