jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What to prepare for an expecting baby?

1. rumanasaiyed profile image78
    rumanasaiyedposted 3 years ago

What to prepare  for an expecting baby?

I am expecting my first  baby after 3 months (If Allah wills). So do I need to prepare anything (clothes etc.) from now?
    I want you to share your experience, so that I can have some idea.

2. AustralianNappies profile image79
    AustralianNappiesposted 3 years ago

Prepare supplies such as newborn clothing, nappies, baby wipes - You go through a lot of them with a newborn.  Prepare the cot and baby bedding. Buy many 'wraps' to snuggle your newborn in.  Prepare the travel seat for your car and your bag for the hospital.  Include in your bag some snacks for yourself such as musli bars or biscuits as you may be eating at odd hours during your stay.  You'll also need to pack a supply of maternity pads and breast pads. Pre-wash your baby clothes but don't use a very perfumed detergent as baby may be sensitive to this.  Pack yourself warm clothes for the hospital as the air-conditioning may be cold, and some slippers and flat shoes for yourself.  Good luck!

rumanasaiyedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Australian nappies for the information smile

3. Bubblegum Jones profile image59
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

Prepare for the unexpected when you prepare for an expecting baby.

4. Anish Nrk profile image60
    Anish Nrkposted 3 years ago

You will need plenty of baby wraps, baby wipes and mild detergent soap in the first few weeks. Make sure you also buy a rubber mattress, in case you want to feed the baby lying on your cot. Buy and keep a new pair of bedspreads and pillows to welcome the baby as these are the usual materials the baby will come into close contact with.You can also make your room further allergen free by removing old rugs, carpets and mats. A cleaning of your room air conditioner will also help. you can also shop for a nice travel hand bag to keep all the baby stuff together. I would also recommend you read 'smart start for your baby' by Penny Warner.

rumanasaiyedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Anish for your suggestion.I really appreciate it.