jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

What is your goal for writing Hubs a year?

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 14 months ago

What is your goal for writing Hubs a year?

Could you share your experience with how long to write a Hub, how often publishing one, and other recommendations?

2. Venkatachari M profile image43
    Venkatachari Mposted 14 months ago

I used to spend 2 to 3 days for publishing a hub of approx. 1500 or more words.
    My early months at HP has been with shorter hubs of around 900 words only. In 2 months, I published 4 hubs and qualified for the rising star accolade. I continued the same schedule of writing two hubs per month. But, the 2nd year saw some staggering and I could complete only 36 hubs in 2 whole years. The third year has been still bad. I produced only 7 hubs as I devoted much time in getting my economics book published at KDP.
    I would recommend one hub per week, if you can do it without putting stress.
    And, I recommend articles of at least 1500 to 1800 words always with good content and appealing images along with one video.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Venkatachari! Once upon a time I pounded the keys with a Hub or two a week. Today I published every two months and in streaks. I need to wind up writing mechanism again.

3. NMLady profile image63
    NMLadyposted 14 months ago

I write for a very very special audience.  My goal is to give them one topical and excellent article a month.

1. tsmog profile image83

Great goal. I think that may be my goal. I am just beginning to publish information articles. I have published more poetry.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months ago

I stopped writing hubs on a regular basis and switched to questions because of the negative return on my time and energy from the hubs.

Even the ?s area is not filled with plentiful views much less comments. I did several hubs on that subject. Again, not much response. I have called hubs and questions on hp more like putting a message in a bottle and tossing it from the deserted island into the ocean.

Someone may someday find it, but that is a long shot.

1. tsmog profile image83

I agree with it is like a message in a bottle. HP is like a sea and Google is the ocean. I did to learn to swim or get a row boat.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Tim
      Clever, I like it.

3. tsmog profile image83

A footnote is an edit. I 'need' to learn to swim or get a row boat. I am learning still editing is a writer thing ;-)

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Tim
      In the days of the DAT, Digital Audio Tape when they were used as sys backup. A tape that was recorded might not be able to return the recording. they embedded, a Read after Write to ensure. I don't read after writing most of the time, oops

5. tsmog profile image83

Great analogy Brad. I like it!

6. Venkatachari M profile image43
      Venkatachari Mposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Tim, I am also conscious of editing after writing, especially while commenting or replying to others. This is possible because, there is much small content. But, in articles, it may slip if not supported by Grammarly.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

I try to write an article a day and submit it somewhere, sometimes to Hubpages.
    Depending on the topic, it may take an hour or a day of research.

working