jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Have you ever attempted to quit coffee? Share your experience

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image81
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years ago

Have you ever attempted to quit coffee?
    Share your experience

Today I decided to quit coffee and I had the worst migraine ever! I felt like I was going to die.
    Have any of you tried to quit coffee before? Tell me how it went, share your experience.

2. American_Choices profile image79
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

I have and I did not enjoy the experience and have resolved, coffee is the only drug (the caffeine is a drug) that I will do! I have to have one vice - in moderation but of course!

PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Haha didn't like the effects of quitting eh. It sucks! It's good if you enjoy it though.

3. april holland profile image86
    april hollandposted 4 years ago

If I quit coffee...I would literally die the death of loneliness from lack of caffeine intake.  Seriously.  lol

lol.

4. howtobeasuccess profile image72
    howtobeasuccessposted 4 years ago

Personally, i have no plans of quitting coffee.. I drink coffee every morning.. I have read some good effects of coffee.. if anyone could convince me to stop, then ill do it..

lol that's good as long as you don't overdue it, if your happy drinking it there's no sense in quitting, all the best to you wink

5. Benjimester profile image95
    Benjimesterposted 4 years ago

Why quit coffee?  It's the perfect addiction.  Just switch to decaf, or go half-caf if the headaches are too strong.  There's no other addiction on the planet where you can make a switch to virtually the exact same product and slowly taper off of the addictive effects of the drug.

Hahaha I learnt if you drink too much of it, it causes unpleasant side effects and I was feeling those, I just want to rid myself from caffine get healthy haha but true coffee's alright if you take it easy on it.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Not really. I never considered quitting coffee an option. There are some mornings with and some without. And Starbucks is only on special occasions.

Oooo, out of all coffees starbucks is my least favourite lol, too strong for me I guess. I'm more of a  timmies guy but I'm quitting now that's all out the window! But if you enjoy it here and then there's no sense in quitting.

7. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

I did quit caffeine completely and you would not guess the difference it can make. First I mixed decaf coffee with caffeine and just kept tapering it off. It will have no ill effects this way. I went to caffeine free sodas too and finally I gave up both completely. I slept like a baby and my nerves got so good I didn't realize I had had a problem until I got clean.
    I still will have a cup of coffee occasionally or soda but I try to get the decaf although especially in coffee if it says decaf it still has some. Even chocolate has caffeine and if I eat too dark or too much it makes my chest hurt. Every time.
    You won't be sorry but just like cigs you should taper to not give up. Good luck!

Yeah it's good to have one now and then, just not get into a habbit. Thanks for your comment! Makes me feel like quitting will be good smile

working