jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are some things you wanted to do as a child but never did?

1. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

What are some things you wanted to do as a child  but never did?

Why did you never get the chance?

2. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
    Edward J. Palumboposted 3 years ago

I wanted to learn to play a musical instrument! When I was a child, we lived in an apartment on the lower East Side of Manhattan and it was an understandable priority to be at piece with neighbors. In the small economy of space of our apartment, there was no room for a piano or drums, and trumpets or saxophones would penetrate the walls with ease. When I graduated high school and enlisted in the Marine Corps, my priorities changed and all musical aspirations were set aside. Later, other studies and priorities moved to the forefront. I will always consider that my oversight.

3. Cristale profile image83
    Cristaleposted 3 years ago

I wanted to go to college and become an accountant. I started that dream, but was unable to accomplish it because I had my son. I have not had the opportunity to finish where I left off, but now have a daughter.

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

When I was a child I wanted to grow up and become a circus high-wire acrobat. Sadly, I was stopped by two obstacles: 1. there were no acrobatics school in my area and 2. the day I climbed to the top of my grandmother's smoke house, I realized no acrobatics school in the country could teach me to get over the terror of heights.

5. profile image52
    Inspiredwingsposted 3 years ago

I wanted to grow up with my brother. I didn't get to do this because of two selfish adults that are still fighting 26 years after I have graduated high school. By the time I was allowed to visit the other parent my brother had moved and the other parent had gone on with their life and remarried. My brother and I as adults have multiple times tried to form a relationship with mutual trust and respect. However, for some reason one of the parents some how gets involved. Both parents are and have been alcoholics and abusive and some still are emotionally. It should be an easy answer to just distance and say no. It is just not that simple.

1. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry to hear this, Inspiredwings sad ((Hugs))

working