jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you mow your neighbors lawn if they never did?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Would you mow your neighbors lawn if they never did?

We moved into a home a few months ago. The only neighbor is horrible. They do target practice at 7 in the morning, stay up for days at a time turning bright out door lights on and off every 5 minutes, and have not cut the grass even though it is knee high. I'm seriously debating on cutting it just because it looks horrible and reflects badly on the area. Would you cut it? I know they have a mower.

2. Cre8tor profile image98
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

I can only speak from where I am but believe that it's technically against the law to mow a neighbors grass. This can be interpretted as trespassing. We had a similar situation in my neighborhood and were advised to contact the city about the situation. If enough complaints come in, the city must act and if they do, will bill the homeowner for the service and they are not cheap.

I would check with your local authorities since I'm sure it's an annoyance but fines and police visits I would think are moreso.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I understand your frustration but that would be trespassing among other things.  You really have no right to do so.  You might ask them if you can do it, but don't venture over there without permission.

4. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

You can contact the local authorities, once the grass gets beyond a certain height it's considered a health hazard and they will fine them. I've had the same problem in the past, once they get fined they'll start mowing. Good Luck!

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i have had to do just that but only once. after i was done, i knocked on the door and told them the next time their grass gets that long, i'll dump the clippings into their car and house when i'm done. they moved the following month so it never became an issue again.it bothers me when people can't respect their neighbors and i'm not the type of person to put up with it.i realize they could have charged me with trespassing but then again i could have broken his legs so it's all good.