jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the home remedies for dandruff?

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

What are the home remedies for dandruff?

2. Victoria Trix profile image57
    Victoria Trixposted 6 years ago

My son has dandruff and uses vinegar and water but keep in mind it will give a smell until the next time you wash it so do it on a day you are staying home. There are also other remedies available. Here are a few sites I looked at when I was searching for my son:

http://www.myhomeremedies.net/2009/04/h … druff.html
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-ca … ndruff.htm

Good luck!

3. stylezink profile image80
    stylezinkposted 6 years ago

I've used tea tree oil and massaged in the scalp. It works for me and my son. It can leave an oily residue so I would do it on a weekend and wash it out before going anywhere.

4. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

oil is the best for dandruff. also washing hair everytime you shower ... i've heard some people don't really wash their hair everytime they have a shower. lastly use a comb more often, it helps strengthen the hair too.

5. Shanaaya profile image60
    Shanaayaposted 6 years ago

1.Shampoo with an antidandruff shampoo each day to keep it away.
    2.Apply apple cider vinegar into your hair, enough to wet your scalp. Do this five minutes before you shower, then wash your hair as you normally would, while showering. You will start to see a difference within a week or so. You will also notice that your hair will be healthier, and softer.
    3.also olive oil can be of great help. apply 30 to 40 minutes before washing.

6. jillylillie profile image59
    jillylillieposted 6 years ago

Take a jar of real mayo and spread on your hair and make sure you get it down to the scalp and then wrap your hair in suran wrap.  Let it sit for about an hour then wash out.  I do this to myself and my oldest son during the winter months.  It may sound silly but it really does leave your hair shiny and soft!  I have found that using oils just makes our thick, coarse hair look greasy and heavy for quite some time.

7. tgopfrich profile image78
    tgopfrichposted 6 years ago

Tea tree oil is a good one, my husband used to rub it right into his scalp. I also put some in my store bought shampoo. Or just buy shampoo with tea tree oil in it