jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What are some easy ways to help your child eat better if they are picky eaters?

1. Lyrickkw profile image69
    Lyrickkwposted 3 years ago

What are some easy ways to help your child eat better if they are picky eaters?

Healthy techniques to teach children to eat better.

2. rainsanmartin profile image90
    rainsanmartinposted 3 years ago

One trick is to puree a little broccoli or spinach, then mix it in with spaghetti sauce when serving pasta.  Offset the flavor by adding extra cheese. You can also add a few frozen veggies to a fruit smoothie.  Usually children will not notice, both of these tricks have worked for me consistently in the past.

Lyrickkwposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great! I will have to try that combination for my daughter. She loves cheese so I will definitely try that. Thanks again.

3. profile image71
    win-winresourcesposted 3 years ago

Lyrickkw-

This one is easy.  Prepare the child's food to be appetizing in sight, smell, taste, and wholesomeness  (typically, exactly what you are making for everyone else at the table).  If the child refuses to eat, simply put their food in the refrigerator and when they finally want to eat, bring it out and heat it up.  Do not make anything different.

A hungry child will eat.

Lyrickkwposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I tried that concept before and it does work at times. I even tried having my little help me prepare that meal and yet she still is picky about food. Thank again

2. profile image71
      win-winresourcesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The key is consistency.  You must do this every time without fail.  Sure, everyone has favorites and other foods that are not so.  A few green beans or some okra left on the plate with everything eaten is not a crime.  But the whole meal?

working