jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Was it hard growing up?

1. Dwight Phoenix profile image79
    Dwight Phoenixposted 2 years ago

Was it hard growing up?

As a little boy I always pondered deeply about growing (sometimes a little too much!) It scared me and at the same time captured me in an involuntary state of awe.

I pictured myself pressed against a huge moving bolder from behind; heading straight for a wall (the ultimate end) powerless to do anything against it. I could never understand why people want to grow up.

There was just too much to lose!

Then, everything was new and interesting but now it's all grey and boring!

As a child I was a lawyer, doctor, president, Superman....but know I'm just an average man trying to get a degree sad

2. xxojokermanoxx profile image67
    xxojokermanoxxposted 2 years ago

Growing up is not the hard part. When you were a child you were many things, as a grown up you can be all those things as long as you continue doing them, if you ever stop doing them you're already done. Don't ever quit and it's a hard uphill battle, but worth every second. Hang on and never give up, or in.

Dwight Phoenixposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for stopping by. Right now I am trying to hold on to all those different dreams and believe me  IT'S HARD!

3. tsadjatko profile image66
    tsadjatkoposted 2 years ago

I know by this question you are still growing up. If you weren't you'd know (what you think is) growing up is a piece of cake compared to growing old! I know I've done, well I guess you could say, I am doing both.

Yep, you see growing up may never end. Even when you are growing old, if you are lucky, you are still growing up. Well, it's not a result of luck but it is a choice, and if you are one who makes it, you are lucky that you did because to end your growing up simply because of the state of your age is sad.

So you can choose to be forever young, which will make growing up a piece of cake, or you can grow up, then grow old and wind up like these people:

Hi TSAD. I see you mentioned getting old. That's an entirely new arena of fears.... I'll try to stay forever young in some aspects of my life but, However I know that  I'll have to grow up in other ways.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

I couldn't wait to grow up!
    Being a child during my era and especially in our household meant you were "powerless"! Physical punishment was the norm at home and in the public school system. Conformity was more important that individuality. I would never not want to be in charge of (my life) again.
    The day I was dropped off on my college campus began my new life.
    The only thing I miss about my childhood is the music of that era.

That's too bad dashingscarpio, because as I child, I believe it's then we can experience the highest levels of fun and freedom.

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

everyone has to grow one. Every milestone of our lives are different. Most difficult for me was when I graduated from school, don't know where to focus.

i could relate

6. Travis Kaoulla profile image84
    Travis Kaoullaposted 2 years ago

Was it hard growing up? In many ways, I consider myself one of the fortunate ones, not because my parents were wealthy, but because they were there and they cared. In that regard, no, growing up was pretty great.

However, growing up as a millennial was quite horrifying. By the time I was 8, I watched airplanes crashing into towers and people jumping out of burning buildings to their death. I was too young, at the time, to understand the magnitude of what happened, but it influenced my way of thinking about life later on. to this day ( I'm 22), I think about how any moment can be my last, just like it was for those people who died during 9/11. they woke up that morning and left for work. They expected to come back home to their families, but never did. The  even more unfortunate ones survived long enough in those towers to listen to them come crashing down. That was 14 years ago and it still scares me.

Ouch........growing up often leaves a remnant of things and some of those are bad memories.......