jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What are some of the things that you miss most about your childhood?

1. Darren Owens profile image61
    Darren Owensposted 4 years ago

What are some of the things that you miss most about your childhood?

2. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

The music was better. The lyrics. Technology is better today but the lyrics are not as good.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

The only thing I really miss is the music of my era (60s & 70s) while growing up. The vocal talent and showmanship of that time was far more superior than the music of today. One man's opinion! :-)

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 4 years ago

Absolutely nothing.  I wouldn't go back in time a single day for--as the saying goes--all the rice in China.  (Or all the American production lines in China these days, I suppose.)  I learned a lot growing up as we all do, but relive it?  Any part of it?

No thanks.

5. Alison Graham profile image97
    Alison Grahamposted 4 years ago

I guess I miss my Mum and Dad most of all. I loved the freedom of growing up in the country, we seemed to be out playing all day, building dens and camps and climbing trees or our on our bikes, going for miles. We never worried about the things in life that modern parents try to protect their children from and which seems to me to result in a restriction of the freedoms we enjoyed - although I acknowledge that today's children have many advantages we didn't!

I miss the music too, my Saturday job (at Woolworths) and the independence to earn some money to spend as I chose. I miss my dog, Tinker, who was a constant companion. I miss going horseback riding (I now have back problems so can no longer ride).

I look back on my childhood with nostalgia - lots of happy memories and no regrets, but enjoy life through a child's eyes still, taking delight in the simple things. The good thing is that although growing older is inevitable, growing up is not compulsory (thank goodness)!

6. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

The AGES I was during my CHILDHOOD!!   "Youth" is priceless.  Other than that, I'm doing fine where I am......Good question, Darren!

7. KL Klein profile image84
    KL Kleinposted 4 years ago

I miss not having to pay bills. Having no particular responsibilities beyond a few chores.

1. Darren Owens profile image61
      Darren Owensposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more!

8. myefforts profile image81
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

The simplicity of that time actually....no cellphones, no internet. People have enough time to actually see and mingle with others. Social life was real social physically not only on the internet like now a days...